Author Topic: Umbrella Size?  (Read 63 times)

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Umbrella Size?
« on: February 09, 2018, 01:58:30 AM »
   I'm going to use an umbrella next season instead of the canopy. I'm going to use the canopy over my table and chairs for the customers. My question is do I go with the 6' 6" or the 7' 6" for $40 more.
   Does anyone have experience with both?  Preference for one over the other?  Where I set up is always windy I lost the cover off my canopy last season. I also experience the occasional dust devil so securing It to the cart is a must.   
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

Super Weenie

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Umbrella Size?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 03:27:20 PM »
I would go for the bigger one. Some health departments are greatly concerned with how well covered your work area is. I was declined approval for an event in another county because the umbrella failed to "adequately" cover one corner of my cart and part of my service table.
Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw... All day long. :)

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 04:50:35 PM »
    DD what is the survival length of the umbrellas you use? I prefer one and done as to having to replace an item every couple seasons.  I went for a less expensive canopy this season and I only got 5 weeks out of it before it fell apart. My old canopy that I paid more for has lasted me 5 years of heavy use. If you're getting 4 or 5 years out of them then that's a great deal.
    Super that makes sense, bigger is better in this case. The larger umbrella may help me avoid issues as I leave my home base this coming season. 

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 11:42:18 PM »
i got the current one on 11/14/17, still using it.  I sometimes use my popup which I got from Academy Sports which I also use from time to time.  The other thing is I keep my umbrellas in a pvc pipe to protect them in transport.  Normally when they fade I get a new one.  Now in saying all of that I would go to sams and get a popup from there the white ones are heavy duty but cost about $200 unless you catch them on sale.  They last longer.  Also I am cheap...
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 12:50:51 AM »
   I understand the cheap part I prefer the term thrifty. Haha. My most recent canopy came from BJ's wholesale cost me 160.00 bucks and was a hunk of garbage. My old canopy which is faded and half the size ran me 100 and is still holding on after 5 yrs. I just don't have it in me to wrangle a canopy everyday. We'll give the patio umbrella a try. Gotta save where I can. Thanks for the help.