Author Topic: Cart Give Away  (Read 45 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
Cart Give Away
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:37:49 AM »
Well last night a friend of mine gave away a another New Hot Dog Cart, "Cash Cow".  Ben has done this every year since I can remember.  The individual (Chef Jose) that won has been vending for about a year or so without a cart or anything, just a table setup.  Well he is a trained chef but that is not required to cook hot dogs or to be a vendor.  I have been watching his progress for awhile because I like it when people go out and just do it with just what they have.  You don't have to have all the fancy stuff to do this or to start this.  I even started with a very small investment and that is one of the things I told myself when I started; "What will I be out if it does not work but if it does work what will I have?"  I say all of that to say, this business is not for everyone.   What we do is work.  You have to make a plan, plan the work and then work the plan.  I have said that for years and it has not changed.  Good!! Good!!
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

Super Weenie

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Cart Give Away
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 12:21:47 PM »
I'm glad to hear the cart went to someone who is already working hard at this and will REALLY benefit from it, instead of someone who already had at least one cart.

As usual, I agree wholeheartedly with your second point. This career isn't a good fit for everyone. I think I recently saved a fellow in my area from making a huge mistake by getting into this. He bought into the sales pitch of working 3 hours a day, taking off any time he wanted, and still making big bucks... I introduced him to the truth and now he isn't going to buy a cart. I had no plan to scare him off; all I did was break down a workday, a summer month and the ups and downs of a year. He also mistakenly thought that I was seeing success after only a year in this; his eyes got pretty big when I told him that I've been at this for about 7 years. After that, he knew he didn't want to do this and he's exploring other ideas that required less hard work. Good for him; he knows himself and now knows that this career isn't what the sales pitch says it is.
Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw... All day long. :)

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:01:06 PM »
it does not matter what you do, if you make a lot of money your are going to work for it, period.
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

Marked as best answer by duggsdoggs on January 03, 2018, 05:25:07 PM

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »
   I'm glad too that someone who needs a cart won it.  It amazes me DD how many people I meet that view this business as a get rich quick venture. I'm not talking about the people that see the hucksters trying to sell carts. I'm just talking about customers who try to run figures in their head while they order from me. Mostly the college students from the university down the block. Not one of them realizes the hours put in just on the day we set up. Forget the hours put in for bookkeeping menu building permitting etc. 
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 04:03:27 PM »
Hey that is pretty cool guys! W00T W00T to Ben! Yay!

I'd buy a Ben cart in a second except for the fact that we're doing a retro Victor cart style. We got this matching carts and umbrella thing going. I'll buy a vintage Victor series II cart any day for ready cash. But I do steer people towards Ben carts.

When you guy a Ben cart you get Ben, Duggs (Good Good!) and all our advice that we can heap on you.
TO THE LUCKY WINNER!

Now get out there and sell. Make us all proud. Best Christmas present ever.