Author Topic: Booze Dogs wants to sponsor/re-brand me!  (Read 50 times)

SuperDankHotDogs

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Booze Dogs wants to sponsor/re-brand me!
« on: December 31, 2017, 04:22:47 AM »
The guy at boozedogs.com has offered to sponsor me with a professional branding. ]My current hot dog cart is about to get repo'd most likely, so I am in a situation of dire need. The guy is talking about buying me a hot dog cart and financing it to me at $50 a month, rather than me having to pay the $300 a month I'm to currently pay for my current cart. He's talking about hooking me up with shirts,hats,signs,banners,magnets, everything. He would want me to sell all three bratwursts he currently sells(gin, bourbon, rum) rather than just that bourbon bratwurst that I currently have.

I used the word current like 6 times here. That was after deleting it in three places.

Super Weenie

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Booze Dogs wants to sponsor/re-brand me!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:13:10 AM »
Awesome!  :)

GET A CONTRACT!!! No matter how cool the guy is, or how much you trust him, make sure to get your deal in writing or you will be in an incredibly vulnerable spot going forward. I hope it works out well for both you and the Boozedogs guy.
Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw... All day long. :)

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 04:35:52 PM »
  Ditto on the contract! Have a lawyer go over it for you to further protect yourself.
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 06:08:57 AM »
Seems to me that the guy is taking all the chances but not being a trusting person I would make sure I did not sign something that would put me out on the street with no where to live.  I don't get the part of financing a cart and having payments of $300. per month to me that was your first bad choice.  We have been teaching people for years to start small, buy a used cart, build your own, limit your stock and supplies.  Normally I have found that if it sounds too good to be true it is.  My other question would be why would they want to give me all of this when they could get anyone to do it for them.  Just what I think, not trying to be mean.
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 04:11:47 PM »
Ditto above and further. Let one or two of us review this contract.

I hearby declare as an officer of AZHotdog.com to hold any and all proprietary information you may disclose to me in confidence in a 5 year window, excluding any aspect held as "common knowledge" among practitioners of our craft. In return, you hold any and all proprietary information I may disclose to you in the same 5 year window, and disclosures to third parties are permissible with our informed and mutual consent.

I call this the "bilateral NDA". It protects both of us equally.

DO NOT POST ANY ASPECT OF THIS CONTRACT ONLINE OR IN PUBLIC. That would be a breach of trust right off the bat with your new partner. On the other hand, if your new partner wants to bind you to NDA or non-competitive clauses? Anything with the word "exclusive" in it?

That we're gonna want to very calmly review. And remember who we are. We're slingers. The first offer is never the last offer and if they are talking to us that means we're in a negotiation.

We all have your best interests at heart on this one.

Peace!