Author Topic: Swooper Flags  (Read 71 times)

NYC North Hot Dog Company

• View Profile
Swooper Flags
« on: December 28, 2017, 12:37:58 AM »
Hello everyone.

So the zoning dept in my city told me the only signs i may have pertaining to the city rules, must be attached to my cart. Of course i must have one of those big swooper flags saying "Hot Dogs" to draw attention to my business where i am selling on any given day. Someone suggested to me a wall mount which i found on amazon from $20 and up, they are angled at a 45 Degree angle. Has anyone ever used a swooper flag like this, where you had to mount and hang it from your cart? Also, would it come in contact with the umbrella above? I was first thinking of bolting to a side of the bread box but want that space for menu and advertising signs so what about below the bread box on the side of the cart on the door that leads to the propane tanks/ water tanks (on the Big Dog from Bens carts)

Any thoughts?

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
Re: Swooper Flags
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 05:01:59 PM »
Welcome to the site, Duggs Doggs Good!! Good!!
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

NYC North Hot Dog Company

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:00:30 PM »
Thanks! 

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 07:49:38 PM »
   Welcome to the board. I have a couple of the flags you're talking about and they really get whipping around in the wind. There is going to be a lot of pressure at the mount. Also it's basically a big weather vane so you're going to need at least three foot of clearance all around the mount.  If you could get a hitch receiver tube and secure it to a good solid point on the frame out of the way then use a receiver flag mount. It should be strong enough to hold the flag and not damage the cart in a high wind. Good Luck!
    Note; you are going to have to think about your customers in relation to the cart and flag. You don't want the flag interfering with their access to you and your food.
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 08:59:44 AM »
The only way this can be done is to attach the flag to your truck receiver, this way it is out of the way of your customers, just what I think.
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 04:31:45 PM »

That was my first thought too DD but I believe on the big dog cart the receiver is on the working side of the cart and detaches once the cart is set up.
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 06:18:41 AM »
It is, I have a Big Dog and attaching a flag to it is impossible, first it would be in the way of your customers and second even with my cart set up with a table directing people to the right side I still have people that come up on the left side.  The receiver that I was talking about is on your vehicle not the cart, the Big Dog Hitch comes off when you are serving/setup.  You also have the issue of the umbrella which would be in the way too, not to say anything about the wind.  Advertising signs, Flags, etc. etc all are great but if your customer can not get to you, they can't be served.  My idea would be to mount the flag on your parked truck and wait for the city or town to tell you no, the most you would be out would be about $100 for the flag and tell them that you are sorry but the truck is part of my cart operation, I just did not know..