Author Topic: To each of you, a very merrry Chrismas  (Read 40 times)

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
To each of you, a very merrry Chrismas
« on: December 25, 2017, 10:44:23 AM »
Every single one of you are my personal heroes. And so I will carol you'

Gods  rest ye merry gentlemen let nothing you dismay

Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas day

to save us all from Satann's power  where we have gone astray

OH GREAT TIDINGS OF COMFORT AND JOY, OH  GREAT TIDINGS OF COMFORT AND JOY.

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
Re: To each of you, a very merrry Chrismas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 08:56:51 PM »
Heh I'll riff on this subject. America past.

Caroling was a form of legalized trespass. All the town heavyweights were in on it. Especially the Episcopalians. And the Methodists. Those guys were always up to something. I think we were out to show up the Catholics but we would gather in the church and drink "egg nog" and we would set out to carol people whether they liked it or not. So the plan was us kids would race ahead and ring every doorbell and knock on every door and you answer the door to find your whole yard full of people singing at you. And the idea is you let us all in and give us a drink or two and we roped you into our band and then we carol somebody else.

It was every violation of property ownership and it stood in naked contrast to legality but we didn't have a police department, we had a town constable and a judge and they were in on it too. And the longer the night carried on, the further and further our "
town fathers" lagged behind and the music got more and more off key and by the end of it, us kids were the only ones left standing. All of the adults were fall-down drunk. And that was somehow normal.

I miss that about America. And I know we are among the last people on this planet that are beholden to nobody. If we want to charge some people money and give away food to the homeless at the same time, that's exactly what we do. We set our prices, we set our product, we say what's right or wrong under our umbrellas. The rest of the word can help themselves to unlimited free toppings and they can like it or not. Either way, they walk, we stay.

I leave you with this blessing of power. Come New Years I'll be more explicit. The word for the New Year is we hunt them down like the animals they are and we kill them with kindness.

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:22:47 AM »
AZ I hope you had a good Christmas and were able to get some caroling in.  I also hope the new year brings you health, happiness and profits.
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

Pastor Josh

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »
Ditto

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 05:03:43 PM »
I'm in the holiday mood OZ so hope you have a great 2018
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.