Author Topic: CT just changed the Health Dept guidelines!  (Read 51 times)

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
CT just changed the Health Dept guidelines!
« on: December 17, 2017, 02:12:42 PM »
  CT will no longer leave it up to each municipality to set the guidelines. They are now or should I say will be following the federal health standards. Our cooking and holding temps have been decreased as a result but so has the refrigeration temps from what I understand. Not sure what to expect but I'll take it as a positive because dealing with the rural towns and their absurd regulations have been a nightmare.   
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
Re: CT just changed the Health Dept guidelines!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 03:47:42 AM »
I also assume that you have the Serve Safe requirement up there.  I know it is not really a law but a good training tool for people that need guide lines in food safety.
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: CT just changed the Health Dept guidelines!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:59:13 AM »
Absolutely it's a state requirement, can't get a license without getting a servsafe certificate. I believe life will get easier going to some of the towns around me. One in particular won't allow "open cooking" carts , grills, pits etc. This town said they'd allow my cart in if I only sold hot dogs with prepackaged condiments. No kraut, cheese or chili. Anything else had to be in an enclosed truck or trailer. The health inspector actually said you can't get sick from a hot dog but the other stuff will kill you.
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.