Author Topic: 1st. Season is just about over.  (Read 57 times)

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
1st. Season is just about over.
« on: December 14, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
     Pretty much my season is over. The weather stayed warm here late this year so I was able to have good sales through much of Nov. When winter finally hit it hit quick. Temp. went from 50-60 one day down to 20s the next and 6 inches of snow. Unfortunately the snow took one day out of a two day event for me but such is life. The event is scheduled for three weekends this month the last one being this weekend and that should wrap up my season. Not out on the street at all anymore because the customers do not come out in 30s let alone the 20s and teens that it's been.
     So here we are pretty much 1st year over and much number crunching needed to be done. I'm considering it a success though no matter how the final numbers turn out. I learned a lot this year made a ton of mistakes but in the end learned a few things. I pretty much have my food waste under control, need to tweak the menu, and I now know what temperature hot or cold, wind speed and amount of rain when people will not stop. I've developed a signature sauce for the dogs and a few other personal touches. I now have a book that I can refer to next season in an effort to avoid some of the mistakes of this season.
      A note book full of ideas that needs to be thinned and added to, all winter for that. I have two employee appreciation days scheduled for next spring so already looking forward to next year.
   Most of all I could not have done much of it without the help and encouragement from the people on this board especially AZ and DuggsDogs. So thank you all it was and is greatly appreciated!
   Now time to find a way to make money this winter!         
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
Re: 1st. Season is just about over.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 06:12:44 AM »
Thank you and we are all glad that you had a Good!! Good!! year.  Maybe you can add to your plan next year a way to get indoor events when it gets bad weather, just a little idea.  I am in the deep south so for the most part the weather is not too bad down here.  I normally have in my plan to slow down in December and January but it seem this year that may not happen.  Already booked for 3 events in January and have two more in December.  Always make it fun.  Duggs Doggs Good!! Good!!
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: 1st. Season is just about over.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »
   Nice to hear your busy. Hard to say no to private events even if you'd like the time off. The fat lady sang one day early for me. I was supposed to be out today for my last event at the Railway Museum but at yesterday's event I did something to my neck. The pain is so bad it hurts just sitting still, so no way to fulfill that obligation. Thank god they understood and scheduled me for Easter already.
   I got into this business unexpectedly in June and I guess my last day would come unexpectedly also. 
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.