Author Topic: Beer Cheese Bourbon Bratwurst  (Read 70 times)

SuperDankHotDogs

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Beer Cheese Bourbon Bratwurst
« on: November 13, 2017, 07:08:08 AM »
A few weeks ago, a guy approached me. He is the owner of boozedogs.com, which is a company that sells Booze Infused Bratwursts(Bourbon, Rum, and Gin)

I cook the bourbon bratwurst in Budweiser with onions, coleslaw, and pepperoncinis in the beer.

I prefer to take the brat out, load it with cheese and call it a Beer Cheese Bourbon Bratwurst.

My girlfriend likes to take the beer stewed toppings, load it on top of the beer-boiled bourbon brat, and top it with light mustard.

I price the dish at $9 for the brat, $10 for the combo. You can have a steamed bourbon brat for $7. $8 for the combo.

I feel this will take my delivery business beyond the realm of being some moron who is trying to deliver hot dogs most people can easily prepare for themselves.

Thoughts?

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
Re: Beer Cheese Bourbon Bratwurst
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:54:48 PM »
Not sure about your price point.  Never priced these types.  I would like what state you are in and can that city support those prices.  I would think the question would be yes.  Are these 4/1 in size.  They do sound good good.  Who are you buying this from if you don't mind me asking.  Duggs Doggs Good!! Good!!
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

SuperDankHotDogs

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 06:13:13 AM »
Well I felt I needed to add some expensive dishes to take me beyond the realm of being a basic hot dog vendor.

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 11:03:19 PM »
We're serving the Guinness brats. They sell well. But that's just because brat lovers always order the brat and Guinnness is a great name brand. Forget about the fact that Bratwurst are by definition German and not English. Hail Brittania!

When we can get away with it we actually beer-boil brats. It's generally not cool on the street to start popping open 6 packs of Budweiser on the street but I generally go with a lager not a stout for this. I'd pick a pilsner over a stout (go light not dark) because dark beers have so much sugar content that it burns on your pans and you get that icky burned flavor to everything. Plus it does you no favors in cleanup.

As you introduce cheese (possible in the same product and not sprinkled on top) remember that the only reason we can boil brats and pork sausages is because they are "skinned". They are contained in the skin and we can boil them for a couple hours. Try that with a cheese-filled sausage and you are not gonna like the mess it makes.