Author Topic: I blew one. I blew a gig. Major fail.  (Read 68 times)

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
I blew one. I blew a gig. Major fail.
« on: November 05, 2017, 10:39:56 PM »
I had this major day yesterday. I was supposed to move 1800 hot dogs at 3 locations.

It did not go well. And I played every trick in the deck. My brave company failed to show at one out of 3 locations. And the warehouse "lost  my order" so I had to scramble the remainins staff I had to secure product from supermarkets. And I'm supposed to have backup people. They had "the flue". Oh no problem, Susan also developed "the flue" in the morning.

I  had all the equipment but I didn't have enough oh whatever...

This one had me trying to figure out  some angles that just didn't have enough time and space and product and people at the right place. None of the math worked out. I had to let one go.

FAIL. MAJOR FAIL. I FAILED ONE LOCATION OUT OF THREE.

Screw what I just lost in dollars ($1500) for the loss of this event but the loss to our reputation is worse.

What's worse than anything is I didn't do Good Good like Dugg tells us. And I really know that our label, not just my label, our label of quality reflects on all of us as an industry.

I really am sorry guys. I feel like I let us all down. Every time one of us fails it takes us all down a notch.

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: I blew one. I blew a gig. Major fail.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »
AZ you're focused in the wrong area. Look at it this way you succeeded two outta three. While nobody likes to blow a gig it happens and nothing we can do will prevent some amount of failure. Your rep will take a small hit with that one client but you gained that back with the other two. So suck it up put it behind you and lean on the other two that succeeded.
Note: Get your employees flu shots!
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 05:44:48 AM »
I have done the multi events before and for me it was just too much, doing two events in one day can be done in my operation but then it becomes not fun and too much work, I try to focus on one event per day which works better for me, having only one cart it only makes since but it can be done.  I also have friends that do 2, 3, 4 events in a day yes in one day, yes his operation is bigger than mine but he did two catering in one day, a sky lodge, and a college that night, his day started at 5 am and stopped at 3 am, sorry 22 hours is just too much for us old people.
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 10:11:47 PM »
Yeah but you guys know how it is. Hate to say no.

Forget what else I did this year, I'm gonna remember this one screw-up forever.

At least newbs get to see that us pros can fall down too. The truth is we're all just one vehicle breakdown or case of the flue away from sucking.