Author Topic: With great freedom comes great indecision.  (Read 84 times)

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
With great freedom comes great indecision.
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:21:52 PM »
Today I'll talk about a problem which I dearly hope each one of you will one day have.

It seems that just about everyplace is inventing more laws and more regulations on what we do and Phoenix (Maricopa County AZ) is doing the exact opposite.

Know how most of us could only serve sausages and nothing else since our grandparents were young? Well here they just kinda opened it up to anything we can buy precooked and frozen. And then they decided heck, screw frozen, screw prepackaged, now you can sell anything from an "approved source". And these are the guys that do the approving of the source.

So anything from a wholesaler, anything from a restaurant, whatever you can sling from the corner deli. We could be out there selling baba ghanough or doro-wat or chicken ching chong from china.

Now you guys get the natch on catering right? Private party catering has always been our thing and we have been totally rogue for years. We serve all kinds of things besides hot dogs. But our menu grew out of customer demand. For real, every time we heard something from customers twice or 3 times we added it to the menu. Do you do snow cones? Do you do popcorn? Do you do nachos? Do you do cotton candy? How about hamburgers? How about booze? Bar service? I dunno.

So here's me thinking "what do people want now?" OK almost nobody in America likes gag ghanoush. And if i said i have gulab-jammans?

If you are like most people you don't even know what gulab-jammans are. I can tell you what they are but the truth sounds worse. Gulab-jammans are milk balls in sweet rosewater.

So how would you like to suck my milk balls? How about with some sweetened rosewater?

My point is now we can serve you whatever we want. So what do you want? Philly cheese steak? Swedish meatballs? Gyro? Hammentashen?

I am legally entitled to serve you whatever you want now. Can you just tell me what that is?

Fifi

• Pretty in Pink
    • View Profile
Re: With great freedom comes great indecision.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:47:51 AM »
 :-X Word Spew, Dude. Every single time. Less is more.
What happens in Boulder Creek, STAYS in Boulder Creek . . .

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 11:04:45 AM »
Well I was gonna write a very long and thoughtful response but uh.....

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:25:32 AM »
What about gyros? I personally love gyros.

Oddly, even though this business is something most of us end up in rather than wanting to do this, honestly how many people grow up wanting to be the hot dog guy? I grew up wanting to be a soldier like Dugg. Good good!

But my first concept of this busienss was...just devious. There was this college town a few miles up the pike and it was just full of beautiful women and I decided the exact way to market to them in every sense and sensibility I had to set up an organic and vegetarian fallafel stand. And to heck with this, I'm going for a whole other post on just how unrealistic my dreams were.

Fifi

• Pretty in Pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 07:52:54 AM »
“Well I was gonna write a very long and thoughtful response but uh.....”

Long, no doubt. You’ve driven me away, I’m outa here.  This is simply a platform for you to talk about your narcisistic self.
What happens in Boulder Creek, STAYS in Boulder Creek . . .

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 11:47:40 PM »
Interesting. I don't automatically associate guys in pink tank tops as narcissists, just as representative of a particular kind and type of narcissists. Perhaps more of a California style than Oregon.

Anyways you'd really hate my software specs. It usually takes about 100 characters in a spec document to result in 10 lines of code. Or maybe less if you are writing assembly.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:00:05 AM by AZHotdog.com »

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 04:20:42 PM »
   That's fantastic AZ. In CT the individual municipalities make their own guidelines. I'm lucky my city gives me the freedom to do almost anything I want as long as it is precooked, either by me at a commissary or from an approved purveyor. Not as open as Maricopa but close. Maybe someday soon they'll all get on the same page.
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.