Author Topic: Anybody got a night light solution?  (Read 120 times)

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
Anybody got a night light solution?
« on: October 18, 2017, 01:12:16 AM »
Night lighting is like super important for night sales. A few years ago I got this cop car light kit. It's this bunch of LED banks with a controller box that makes them strobe or flicker or whatever. I just used it as a builder kit and used some of the banks for a circuit to light up the prep area and pans, a few to hang off the umbrella and a couple to light up the condiments and drinks. I got the cheapest motorcycle/quad/lawn mower type battery at Walmart to power it.

The idea was to have a kit that can be deployed on any cart fairly easily. I guess it's kind of a prototype. And it's all soldered and spliced and this and that. And it's all cheap Amazon crap to start with. It's falling apart.

What are you guys doing for night lighting?

Super Weenie

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody got a night light solution?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:29:51 PM »
My setup for night is meant to be cheap, flexible and zero maintenance. I use AA battery powered LED Christmas lights (from a Big Lots) strung up with Velcro straps and  a battery powered LED task light (from Tractor Supply) over my work area. Everything was cheap, it provides lots of light and if anything breaks I just throw it away and replace it.
Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw... All day long. :)

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 03:35:54 AM »
I use the string lighting that I got at Harbor Freight, puts out a lot of light but you have to have AC Power.
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »
Militantly opposed to 110V. We should be self-contained.

Only options are batteries (which we are using) and a genny.

I don't like gennies. They displace oxygen.

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 09:37:57 AM »
Oh yeah I do have a couple gas lamps. Coleman makes these things called "propane distribution trees".

https://www.carid.com/images/coleman/items/2000015165-2.jpg

Propane lamps are great for making light and heat. The thing is (obviously) they are dangerous to large crowds and especially kids. Knock one over and now you have hot broken glass and a propane leak.

Blue Pig

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 03:38:56 PM »
I use two led lamps by Bell and Howell. They look like miniature shop lights. They are about 16 inches long and have two intensities. They are rechargeable and on low I get 6 hours or more. I got them at BJ's for around 10.00 each. I just wrap a bungee cord around the lamp and secure them to my canopy's corners. On low I have more light than I need and I'm not blinded by them when I work. They don't have the sturdiest housing but even after dropping and breaking the corner off of one of the lens it still works.   
Never mistake my kindness for weakness.