Author Topic: First day of sales was today!  (Read 244 times)

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
Re: First day of sales was today!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2017, 02:21:28 AM »
One of my mentors in this craft said "I'm just willing to work as hard as necessary to not have a job."

Frankly at this point, if I wasn't doing this I don't know what else I would be doing but I would like it way less.

Brother you aren't failing as much as I did to start. Thing is now we're all telling you to stick with it. We're encouraged by your early results. But here we are with years under our belts and you probably need results de-la pronto.

What if you fail? Frankly most people fail in this business just like any other.

If that happens we are part to blame. And I know that if we lured you in and made it sound too easy, we're gonna feel it if you fail.

But we don't do that do we? Duggs instantly banishes anything I say that isn't helping. And we're responsive and we have helpful advice but what if all of this ends up with you going broke?

That is kinda on us ain't it? And I already know you are gonna say this is all on you and you made this decision and bla bla bla but you wouldn't have even known if we hadn't done it first.

Bro, we're part of a new thing. The new thing is competing with the food trucks who offer exotic cuisine. They raised the bar on this whole industry.

The whole sweaty biker with his dirty cart slinger thing is gone. And we're busy encouraging one another to raise the bar, make us first class, THE BEST.

In a very real way, the better you are, the better we all are.

If on the counter-point I told you to bail on this project while you still have some savings? That would be "responsible" of me to tell you.

None of us did that. We went for broke.

We'll back your decisions either way.

SuperDankHotDogs

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 04:09:43 AM »
After 10 days, I have averaged $1056.  My girlfriend has left her job, I've left mine AND we've both dropped out of school for this. I can say one thing, I love this. I eat, breathe, and sleep hot dogs now. It's the most rewarding thing I've ever done, and I couldn't be more proud of myself. However, I'd like to begin clearing a lot more, with a lot more days off. In MMORPG terms, I'm a level 2 or 3 hot dog vendor at this point. I'm tryna get to level 50 as soon as possible. I'm working what seem to be 10-12 hour days every day, but most of it doesn't seem like work.

As far as most vendors failing...I've succeeded at everything I've ever done. I taught myself how to create games by programming in Visual Basic 6 at the age of 11. I learned Canon in D by Pachelbel at the age of 12. I've honestly been towards the top of the competitive spectrum in most everything I've ever done. This is not because I'm just a genius, this is mostly because of my effort level. I try way too fucking hard in everything I do. I will not accept failure. I've made enough money now to realize that I can make more. I just have to figure out how to.

I'm really just concerned with getting to an average of $150 in net sales per day. If I can net $150 per day, I can make this work while working around 20-22 days per month and all the sacrifices me and my girlfriend have made for this business will be worth it.

The next step is to secure some more locations. I currently have two. I would like to do a few small events.

Also, I've added a Bacon Chili Cheese Sloppy joe to the menu for just $2.00. It's quite a nice tasty and cost-effective alternative to my $3.00 hot dogs.

I had a very bad day yesterday. $66 in sales over the course of about 4 hours. Most customers walked right past me.

Super Weenie

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
Slow and steady wins the race.
Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw-Mustard-Onion-Chili-Slaw... All day long. :)

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 03:13:14 PM »
It is a dream. A delirious vision. What does it take to be the best in our field? To be the best among us would take all of us and then some more.

Honestly I hope to be competent. To be the best? I kind of need you youngers to discover what the best is.

Every time you guys push the boundaries....actually screw this....

I started this business so my woman could have some time for her kids. That was the number one objective. Everything else that happened since then is just us trying to get better.

Let's never stop. And let's keep helping people on this same line. The better they get, the better we all get.