Author Topic: Coffee Trailer  (Read 302 times)

Zac

• View Profile
Coffee Trailer
« on: February 19, 2017, 11:39:26 AM »
Hello All,

I'm in the process of making a coffee trailer which connects to my bicycle, I have made trailers before but never needed a power source.

The trailer would have a 2 grpup expresso machine which is dual fuel, sink with a water pressure system for the water supply and a small fridge if possible.

My question is can someone tell me the best way to power it all up instead of using a generator which are too loud and you can smell the petrol from them,

I was thinking of using a 12v battery (not sure which type) for the water system for the water supply for the coffee machine and the sink (fresh water) and maybe a gas bottle for the coffee machine itself, I need to watch the weight too,
Any help would be great
Kind Regards
Zac

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
Re: Coffee Trailer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:33:15 PM »
Honda Generator is you best bet.
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

AZHotdog.com

• View Profile
Re: Coffee Trailer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 12:03:02 AM »
Hey what a neat question!

Hi I'm AZHotdog and Duggs is right in that Honda generators are the one-and-done fix but that's not your question.

OK. Did you know that if you turn an electric motor in reverse, it starts making electricity?

This is what you want to hear. Find a low amperage and low wattage motor like maybe one from an electric fan, spin it in reverse and it stats putting out electricity!

This is due to the magnets acting on a rotating surface that causes an electronic flow and you just created a "dynamo" (not an alternator) out of spare parts and bla bla bla whatever.

OK so what you are gonna find by research or trial and error is you want a dynamo (or reverse-motor) that charges at low RPMs. But yes, you can power a cart by pedaling your skinny butt off.

NOW to generate enough heat to brew coffee constantly? Hoo man. Heat is one of the most energy-costly things you can possibly do so you aren't gonna be pedaling that machine, you will be trying to brew coffee and you will have to make each person pedal off their share of that power on the bike. They will truly be amazed at how much pedaling they have to do to get a cup of coffee.

WHICH IS A KICK ASS IDEA FOR POLITICAL THEATER. But it sounds like a total loser as a way to make money. The redemption is this is a mega brand-individuator. Nobody has thought of doing it quite like this or if they did, they didn't bring it to market.

My advice to you? Do them both at once. Do the "message" part of this with your full heart, get media attention to it and then use this to leverage a brand. Make yourself some money.

I'm gonna bet that sounds totally jaded and corrupt to you. But I want to see you actually do this. And as capitalists, we want you to prosper by this and keep doing it.

Any way I can help just search azhotdog. I love your idea.