Author Topic: converting truck bed into a caja china  (Read 929 times)

lacubanaslc

• View Profile
converting truck bed into a caja china
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:03:48 PM »
I am starting up my business finally! I want to convert the back of a 1950 truck into a bbq pit and hook it up to be a trailer. i want to roast pig in it. like the company Caja China. they sell a box that you can cook your pig as if it was underground, pretty cool. so i want to covert the truck bed into one. my sister says that its considered a food truck and i would need so many different regulations here is salt lake city. anone know anything about this. utah does have a lot of rules a regulations, but would this really be considered a food truck?

RobDawg

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: converting truck bed into a caja china
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:37:24 PM »
There are a crap ton of regulations to follow no matter where you go. My advice to you would be to go to your local health department and have a sit down with the person you would be dealing with in regards to licensing, inspections and what not. Tell them exactly what you want to do. Have plans drawn up and an equipment list for them. show them you are serious, but be humble. In the end each city is going to be a little different, what's completely cool and legal in south Jordan, might not be so down town SLC.

Research, research, research my friend. keep us posted oh how things turn out!

Phakornwin

• View Profile
Re: converting truck bed into a caja china
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 04:16:34 AM »

The knowledge that I gained from reading this article. It is the knowledge that good for me.