Author Topic: Selling Ice Cream for the FIRST TIME!  (Read 1124 times)

Grant

• View Profile
Selling Ice Cream for the FIRST TIME!
« on: June 06, 2015, 08:14:44 AM »
I'm finally ready to start selling ice cream and have my first main event on June 27th. A little nervous to be honest - not sure quite what to expect or how much ice cream I should have ready to go - I don't want to over stock and I don't want to run out ( a catch 22 situation). Ideally, I hope to try a smaller event within the next two weeks to break the ice:)

My main concern is the ideal temperature to scoop. I have a cold plate unit and when plugged in, will drop temp right to the 0 degree freezing point. Once I unplug the unit I'm good for several hours and the temp will slowwwwly rise however do I need to temper the ice cream to warm up just abit in order to easily scoop.

Also, I'm wondering how you handle both the cash and serve ice cream with your customers. Do you get payment up front and then serve or vise versa. I know after any handling of money, one would immediately wash your hands and then use disposable gloves for serving until the next round however I'm sure everyone does this a little differently.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated if anyone can help. I'm a newbie, a young senior at heart and am looking forward to hard work and fun this season.

Thank you - Grant:)

DaddyDog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Ice Cream for the FIRST TIME!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 07:20:36 AM »
I vend hot dogs so I'm not sure how vending ice cream works but one thing that I'm sure of is that you will want to collect the money first before you give the customer their ice cream.

You could always have someone you know and trust standing next to you to take the orders and collect the money that way you can focus solely on serving the customers. The two person team sure be standard for you when working events.

Good luck to you and let us know how it went.
Welcome to Dash's Delicious Dogs

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
Re: Selling Ice Cream for the FIRST TIME!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 06:25:56 PM »
I agree but you may wish to try the one glove method, take the money with one hand and glove the other for the ice cream cone.  The two people method works the best, one for the money and one for the food.  You will also find that most people don't know if you make a mistake and the ones that do know you made a mistake don't care.  I for one don't normally take the money till I give the people their orders but I am not sure that it matters one way or the other; so try both.  I don't sell Ice Cream so I can not comment on the temps.  I do know that you need to make it fun, no matter what you sell.  Good luck..Duggs Doggs Good!! Good!!
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

adneybradyxz

• View Profile
informaction
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 07:55:16 AM »
hi

i dont about know about this

but i share this information.

you know about spices and its healthy benfits

indian spices