Author Topic: Not a lot of people know this but we are total communists  (Read 979 times)

OzDogs

• View Profile
Not a lot of people know this but we are total communists
« on: June 05, 2015, 04:16:16 AM »
Duggs is gonna puke. Duggs spent most of his life fighting for what we call capitalism.

And it is true, our business is one of the last bastions of the free market that anybody can get into for less than $5k. And we are out there viciously competing with one another and the best cart wins.

But at festivals when we are setting up it's like hey, you guys got duct tape?

Yeah sure! We got zip ties too.

One time we got a flat tire in the middle of an event and the jack didn't work and one guy says "no problem, I got a fork-lift".

Oh. Yeah maybe that would come in handy right now. It seems a bit over-scaled, like brining a Nimitz class aircraft carrier to a bingo game but it sure will get the job done. Thanks buddy!

And then the food thing. Everybody is trading food. The ice people are such an easy in, they serve ice and they are starving (we all go out without breakfast) so any food trade to an ice vendor is guaranteed. They guys that make tacos are so bored of tacos they will trade anything. I just stopped asking these guys, I just bring them a tray wtih all the toppings and I get free tacos all day and all night.

Somebody gotta take a leak? Last vendor I asked to watch my cart did 3 cash sales for me. I said sweetie, all I asked you to do was tell people I'd be right back and she said sweetie, I been doing this before you were born.

Well OK momma bear. Far be it from me to get in between you and your cubs. I'll just sit back and watch you run my cart.

Yeah so while we are in fact grassroots entrepreneurs and lassaize-fair capitalists, behind the scenes we are total cooperative communists. At least in Arizona. The cardinal rule is always, always, always look out for the other guy.

DaddyDog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Not a lot of people know this but we are total communists
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 07:37:44 PM »
Seems like the same rules apply for some of the flea market sellers.

I remember when I first got my pop up tent and I took it with me the next morning to setup but I forgot my hammer so I asked the vendor next to me who was setting up their tent can I borrow their hammer and they let me use it.

I've been asked by a few different vendors to watch their stuff why they used the bathroom and one time I should something for one vendor and he gave me half the money.
Welcome to Dash's Delicious Dogs

OzDogs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:34:55 AM »
That is one of our true secrets to life. If there is anything in this world I could give you for a secret path to happiness, that's it right there. We got your 6.

I was once told that there's 3 people in life you should trust: the doctor, the priest and the auto mechanic. Well I have been let down by all 3 of those. I trust another vendor second only to God.

DaddyDog

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 03:42:43 PM »
That is one of our true secrets to life. If there is anything in this world I could give you for a secret path to happiness, that's it right there. We got your 6.

I was once told that there's 3 people in life you should trust: the doctor, the priest and the auto mechanic. Well I have been let down by all 3 of those. I trust another vendor second only to God.

I'm glad no one has ever given me that advice on who to trust. I would have laughed in their face.
Here is some better advice. Trust no one and second guess everyone.
Welcome to Dash's Delicious Dogs

adolfsmithzx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 06:06:14 AM »

hi
i dont know idea of this. but i have a information about the water and it healthy benfits.
any water are very important for our healthy. so drink daily minral water.
any one know about the minral water and water filter.
and what qualities of good water filter.

for more information about the mineral water and water filter.

WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION