Author Topic: I know people have done it. I have trouble seeing myself do it.  (Read 1099 times)

OzDogs

• View Profile
I know people have done it. I have trouble seeing myself do it.
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:59:55 PM »
There were these gals that were all young and hip that did shaved ice the way I had been inching towards for years but they just turned it up all the way. They designed a great group of organic flavors, they fitted out this really neat retro camper to serve out of, the thing looked like something from the Jettsons, they had snappy logos and business cards and this website that just made you feel special just for looking. They hit on a magic brand concept and they had a stellar graphic designer. Maybe one of them was one. Can't remember the exact details.

Of course Kickstarter just devoured them and showered them with money. They knew something that I knew when I was a bar manager: if you make it your mission to make people feel awesome and they will just THROW MONEY AT YOU. And this doesn't mean over-serving and getting them drunk, it means treating them as a priority and getting them hooked into the scene and making friends and feeling like they are somebody.

So here's the twist: with Kickstarter and some of these other crowd-fundign things, you are supposed to offer investors something in return. In this case, these gals offered free ices if you showed up and besides that?

You already got paid just by checking them out and seeing them attain their dream was more than enough compensation for most of their donors. YOU MADE US FEEL SUPER-NEATO and for that? Yes, people will actually pay you.

I hope that encourages somebody with the next great concept. Just find and audience and make them feel awesome. Like that's supposed to be easy. But what's the risk with kickstarter? Not a whole lot compared to many opportunities and we are risk takers are we not?

beeadorable

• View Profile
Re: I know people have done it. I have trouble seeing myself do it.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 10:27:58 PM »

Database is really good. Actually with good information, thanks.