Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 854 times)

Adanna

• View Profile
Hello everyone!
« on: January 02, 2014, 12:12:09 PM »
Good day
I have just become a member and thought it courteous to introduce myself

I am from Trinidad and Tobago and currently in the process of becoming a street vendor. I am a bit nervous about it as I have been employed in an office environment for most of my work life but I've decided to become self employed and make a better future for myself and my loved ones. I consider myself blessed in that I have the support of family in my decision. I have also decided to become self employed because I have Aspergers Syndrome and the unemployment rate for those of us with this condition is quite high. I have come to accept that working for others and office politics is not cut out for me and I need to be self sufficient. I have my eye on a few spots so far but I have to get my food badge next week.
I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to the forum admins for creating a space for street vendors to express themselves.

Pepper

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 07:23:46 AM »
Adanna,

Welcome to the world of self employment! Great step of faith! I'm glad that you have the support of your family since self employment is not easy, and family can (and sometimes does) make the difference in the success of the business. Do you have a cart yet - bought or home built?

HotDogRed

• Top SVF Contributor
  • LEGALIZE STREET FOOD
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »

Good day
I have just become a member and thought it courteous to introduce myself

I am from Trinidad and Tobago and currently in the process of becoming a street vendor. I am a bit nervous about it as I have been employed in an office environment for most of my work life but I've decided to become self employed and make a better future for myself and my loved ones. I consider myself blessed in that I have the support of family in my decision. I have also decided to become self employed because I have Aspergers Syndrome and the unemployment rate for those of us with this condition is quite high. I have come to accept that working for others and office politics is not cut out for me and I need to be self sufficient. I have my eye on a few spots so far but I have to get my food badge next week.
I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to the forum admins for creating a space for street vendors to express themselves.

Welcome to the forum Adanna!

~ Red
"Some Will, Some Won't, So What, Next!!!"