Author Topic: Concession Trucks and Trailers  (Read 3931 times)

Tom McKinnon

• View Profile
Concession Trucks and Trailers
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:56:22 PM »
  I think the trucks & trailers are good 'cause you can sell almost anything

cactusjack 24

• View Profile
Re: Concession Trucks and Trailers
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:31:04 AM »
I was looking at a cart and then it occured to me that spring time in Okla. the wind blows a hundred MPH, then in the summer It's 200 degrees, so I decided to build me a small trailer to protect myself from the elements
A goal without a plan is just a wish

samshotdogsplus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
I'm looking at the same thing in Colorado, But may have to rough it till we get things going...

MarksHotDogs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 02:53:30 PM »
I thought the same thing.  I live in Indiana and have a passion for hot dogs.  I wanted to be out of elements so I bought a trailer.  Check it out.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:43:48 AM by MarksHotDogs »

samshotdogsplus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 04:32:02 PM »
Nice trailer...

burddog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 09:48:39 AM »
Very nice trailer.  Would you be able to give details? Maybe pictures of the inside, $cost?

MarksHotDogs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »
I added a picture of the interior.  It is 6'x8', quite small for a man of my size but I didn't want anything too large.  The make of the trailer is Diamond.  I purchased from a company in Connecticut but I won't reference them because they didn't make good on some warranty issues I had when I first got it home.  I got the trailer for 5700 bucks, which included a portable sink package.  I purchased a small refrigerator, stainless steel prep table, Paragon Hot Dog Hut (Which I love), and roasting pans separately.  I also sell walking tacos and pulled pork sandwiches out of it.  My specialty is dogs.   We are still learning the business and are not putting too much pressure on ourselves to be successful immediately.  One valuable lesson we did learn is that the government has their hand deep in your pockets before you make the first dime.  Why am I surprised?

samshotdogsplus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 12:27:59 PM »
That looks great for the money...

cactusjack 24

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 12:46:20 PM »
Howdy Mark, that's a great little trailer, I'm building a 6 x 10 should be done by Feb. I'll post some pictures then. tj
A goal without a plan is just a wish

Ben

• Hot Dog Mafia
  • Top SVF Contributor
  • Hot Dogs Saved My Life
    • View Profile
    • Hot Dog Answer Man
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »
I love love love - Love Hot Dog Companies new truck.  Jason Brown just got this big ass money maker. 
Check out free training videos and articles at www.LearnHotDogs.com

auggiesstreetfood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 12:31:36 PM »
I started out with just a hot dog cart, now we are a full service truck. I would never go back to just a hot dog cart but I can tell you, the truck is WAY more work

Wiener Waggin

• View Profile
    • Wiener Waggin'
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »
We have a trailer, to us it is the only way to sell food products. We sell 10 different gourmet hot dogs, tamales, brats, nachos and chili, coffee, pop, hot chocolate, sweet rolls, chips, frito pies. It all depends on the jobs we are working. Being out of the elements during the rain and cold makes a world of difference. Being entirely stainless steel the trailer basically sells itself.
Kevin and Linda Kelleher
Wiener Waggin'

Pepper

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 07:19:35 AM »
Kevin and Linda

Nice cart, and very nice set-up. Looks like you have a regular station there. I like the picnic table, and the trailer gives a very clean appearance to your setup. What kind of trailer is that? Are you able to share a little about how you have arranged the inside? That is quite a menu from a small space! I am impressed! Thanks for your post.  -Pepper

JPDouglas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »
Kevin & Linda:
I, too, would like to know more about your trailer.  What model is it?  If you could take the time to post some interior pictures also, that would be great.  Very nice setup.

CupaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 07:27:47 AM »
I'm on my second from Cottage Concessions. I paid under $5k for my newest Concession. Going to employ a friend. I worked at a table and hated the weather stuff. I built my 1st trailer from a camper " do not do this " : )  Wow was that a terrible experience. I saw a Cottage Concession at a fair (parked next to me) and loved the look (very different). My trailer runs on solar power which was a very cool option. they installed everything and I bought my own batteries. They are in MA , so shipping was another $650, but cost was still was cheaper than my second choice.