Author Topic: New Dogger in South Ga...  (Read 2090 times)

tasman35

• View Profile
New Dogger in South Ga...
« on: December 12, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »
Just wanted to say Hello to all Im a new dogger in south Ga...As of now I have just had my cart about two weeks and getting it ready to have the state HD look at it and let them tell me what I can do and cant do....But just wanted to pop in and say hello and hope I can get some help and maybe help others with what I learn along the way.....

HotDogRed

• Top SVF Contributor
  • LEGALIZE STREET FOOD
    • View Profile
Re: New Dogger in South Ga...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 10:11:28 AM »
Welcome aboard!

~ Red
"Some Will, Some Won't, So What, Next!!!"

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Duggs-Doggs-194570393930642/?fref=ts
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 02:24:56 PM »
Glad to have another dogger.  What town are you in?    Good luck with the HD
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

tasman35

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »
Im in Valdosta...Thanks for the warm welcome every one...

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »
i would think that you would do great down there.  My daughter lives in Valdosta.  I would also think that I would look around downtown for a location so that I could get the locals.  I don't know how bad the HD is down there but I will say hope you the best and welcome to our world...

Duggs Doggs
Good!! Good!!
The information contained is provided in good faith, and every reasonable effort is made to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, this information is provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind.

tasman35

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 03:01:48 PM »
Thanks Duggsdoggs. You would think that downtown would be a good spot. But you have a old boy club mafia that owns much of the buildings,restaurants and it seams that they are also on city council,and such....old boy from the county poping his dog cart down is not going to go over well at all....But Like Ben says ...there is always a work around for every thing...As a mater of fact The HD just left my House about 20 min ago...Looked over my cart told me what he wanted to see and what i could cook and how...so its a start. And he is willing to work with me and help me get going....I think that just coming out and and telling people that truth is always best...I have never been able to hold down a hustle if you know what I mean...He gave me a list of contacts with the city county and state and some work around ....

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 08:07:43 PM »
Please keep us all posted on your ups and downs....
Good!! Good!!

Pepper

• Top SVF Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »
Sounds like you have a good start to your business - welcome to the world of slinging! I wish you success, and keep us posted.

tasman35

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »
I had a very lovely talk with the zoning folks for the county and i cant use my houes or propery as a base of operation for my cart...no base no permit.....now what...?

duggsdoggs

• Good!! Good!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 07:48:05 PM »
The only thing that I would say is ask them where you can have a base of operation.  Also I would ask what rule states where your base of operations can be.  Ask them for this requirement in writing.  "Be nice"  you are in the ballpark.  I assume that this is a Lowes County Rule. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:10:14 PM by duggsdoggs »

tasman35

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »
The reason they gave me was that my house and such is zone for Residential and it must be zone for commercial. so now i have two ways to go with this. I find a commercial place to rent or fight to have some of my property rezone for commercial. I have three acres that i live on. Im leaning on trying to get it rezoned...Doing my homework now looking into what i have to do fees and what paperwork i will have to have...

zombiedawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 12:37:25 PM »
I'm in GA also and the regulations can just be a big pain. Thankfully I know some people at the local American Legion and they have a professional kitchen that I can use. Just gotta get my cart now. LOL Starting a Gofundme campaign this week to raise the money.